Thursday, January 05, 2006

Internet Radio

There seems to be a lot of good feedback around WOXY.com , so I gave it a try. Sometimes it's a little different than I would have preferred, but I enjoy it so far. I used to be a very big listener of BBC 6, also gets a big thumbs up for anyone willing to use Real Player. I have some friends who on rather silly principled arguments avoid content based on its medium. Have you ever met someone so firm in their belief of the superiority of Ogg that they refused to listen to an MP3? I understand avoiding restricted use content, but that is not the argument at all, since these friends have no qualms about the locked mp4's Apple sells on iTunes. Usually they combine this with an open standards argument... blind to the fact that locked content on an open standard is about as open as a toll road.
Well, I digress. Good news: Woxy, 6 music. Bad news: tech bigots.

2 comments:

CristinB said...

Excellent news on the WOXY front. I'm proud of you for trying something new! Maybe you can fill in for me when I can listen in the springtime.

Dan said...

Yes... excellent... (tented fingers and ominous smile)
Well, I can't imagine how I can 'fill in for you', but I might be able to fill you in, if you don't mind a cd via post. Details are of course up to you, and any promises I make are likely to be void where allowed by law.