Wednesday, April 09, 2008

Wednesday

Working locally this week. It's a strange time to work local and have
Beth at home. She's always there when I come home, but the transition
is awkward. She's getting used to being home alone, and when I come
home the dynamic changes. I think our culture has grown a history
since the industrial revolution of a work home dichotomy. Things
change. Small businesses and telecommuters are facing a
return/revolution to work as an action, rather than a location.
Expectations which have evolved in the last 150 years are being
reevaluated now. I'm sure I am not the only one experiencing this.
There isn't enough change in the culture providers (media) to change
expectations of the realm of normalcy. Does anybody else get a feeling
of resentment from a partner when they answer the phone?

--
Sent from Gmail for mobile | mobile.google.com

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the GPS, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://gps-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.