Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Another Long Day

I feel like the old days, an interstate ping pong ball. Just checked in to my hotel in Grover Beach, after landing a few minutes late in SLO. They upgraded me to a fireplace suite, I have a great balcony fronting a curve of el Camino Real. I realize after landing here how LA is the only part of california that I don,t get excited to see. The trees and flowers of the central coast are unparalled. Today I had driving snow and wind In Idaho Falls, then a short flight to Salt Lake, then an hour and a half on a CRJ200, then an interline transfer to American, and an hour flight on a Saab to san luis obispo. The saabs are funny because there's a port to connect to oxygen mask to, I wonder how the FAA allows that. I wandered through an underground service corridor between united and delta at LAX, felt like I should have had a badge to get through there, it was very sterile, and each end of the hallway had automatic steel doors, so I could have been trapped in there. I was alone through the whole length, until a few filipinos on a cart whizzed by going the opposite direction. It could have been more useful, but it didn't seem to connect in any sane way to terminal 4, so I surfaced at terminal 5 and walked over to the AA counter. Friday I take some United legs through SFO to get home. I am sure there's a better way to go. Last week seattle to new jersey, this week seattle to salt lake to idaho falls to salt lake to la to san luis obispo to san francisco to seattle, next week calgary for four days, then some local time. Local is a vague word. I think all my jobs will be in redmond, a short 60 mile race through the overbuilt, underfreewayed east side.

-- Sent from Gmail for mobile | mobile.google.com

No comments: