Sunday, June 10, 2007

From Chicago and Beyond

Well, well, a guest blog spot brought to you from Chicago. It was a big weekend here, with Ribfest, Bluesfest, Andersonville Midsommarfest, Old Town Art Fair, and the Printers Row Book Fair. I didn't partake in any of the festivities, but instead, skirted my way around a couple of them instead of paying the $5 suggested donation to walk down the street. Instead, I checked out a potential new apartment (it seems that the people living there have not deemed me suitable to room with, as the ad was re-posted on Craigslist today), ate some delicious carne asada tacos from my favorite taqueria, had some German beer in Lincoln Square, and at at the first certified organic pizzeria in Chicago that opened up here a couple of weeks ago. It was definitely worth the 40 minute bus ride, and a pizza is the perfect size for one person. Plus, they top most of them with fresh veggies, so it makes you feel like you're eating healthy.

Next weekend, Dan and Beth come for a visit, and it is something that I've been looking forward to for a while now. I'm hoping the weather keeps up to foster some outdoors activities. And this time, there will be no debutante balls to drag them to, where they will have to listen to loud music, drink beer, and do shots of Irish whiskey. Maybe tacos will be involved, maybe a Viking breakfast or two, maybe some organic pizzas.

Now why can't I blog in my own blog???

Edited about five minutes later: Turns out the girls did like me, and have offered up the vacant room in their place for me. I am very happy and excited about this!

No comments: