Friday, June 01, 2007

Chronology

What does time have to do with this? How can you make a clean narrative that reads backward in time? What can I say today that measures against anything I have said in the past? How much filtering is appropriate to ensure that only the right amount is written, and that a single idea is expressed, or many ideas with a theme less broad than that they occur to me?

What kind of dedication or curiosity is needed for someone to read, let alone try to understand, what is recorded here. I think I want to try to track what I read, maybe some of what I see, and a bit of what I think. Is it a selfish whim? A compulsive self-involvement...

I mowed the lawn today. Beth is gone, so I needed to witness the short grass myself. It's one of her special pleasures, or at least something I can give her, if it's mundane.

I started to dig a hole in the yard to get at a sewer pipe that has some issues... I don't see the problem, and am torn between continuing to dig, or to start cutting and look inside... neither sounds too good.

No comments: