Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Mexico City

Canada is an independent nation, but it isn't foreign, so long as you can overlook poutine.

Mexico City is a whole other place. Here's why:

NANP? We don't need no stinking NANP! What this means for the tourist is that if your phone works, you may need to figure out how many of those area codes area needed. Plus, my North American phone tries to mangle the numbers into what it assumes are the right groupings. I was unable to call a land line, got a try again message when I tried a cell phone-- which had an extra number. I am unable to make stateside calls.

Clean air? We don't need no stink free clean air! The whole place has a light odour of Hydrogen Sulfide (bad eggs/sewer gas). I adjusted a little too quickly to it.

Ingles? No puedo hablar esta maldita lengua! Funny, their English is almost worst than my Spanish. The 5 star hotel in the ritzy neighbourhood is plenty nice, but if I leave the front door its a whole other world.

Also, the page on blogger where this was created started popping up in spanish once I went to accederla. Lets Publicar y ver el blog.

No comments: