Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Reno

Leaving Reno is a slow process... I have a ticket for a 330 flight to seattle... it is the last flight on alaska out of Reno... so I understandable made sure that I was done on time. However, there are no flights after 940 until 330... I had no idea this was a backwater... I rather would have liked to try a 1200 flight out of Sacramento if there had been one.

It was colder here than I anticipated... there is no snow in the city, but the hills are still clad in white. I woke to 28 degree chilly air, and went to the new mall to do my job. A brand new mall is a strange place. The parking lots are empty, the signs for many of the stores are not installed yet, and there is craft paper covering many of the storefronts. I walked for a while before I found the Apple store. It had bare cupboards and emtpy countertops. When I was in LA at Beverly Center, it was just before the opening (days) so the team in their joiner t-shirts were buzzing about, having little meetings, and setting up displays. This was just a man with a putty knife and a bucket of putty, a couple electricians, and a PM with a laptop... it was obviously a few weeks away from move in. The whole mall was just late phase construction workers. Strange.

I have been at the airport for hours, since after taking breakfast at 920, I had no imagination or desire to visit Reno. I wish I had followed I Know Somethings advice and researched the cultural history of such a colorful city...

In more important Matters, Michael from Saturn called because my blower came in. My car is going back to the dealer on Friday at 900AM for repairs! Go warranty! Go me!

No comments: