Sunday, March 26, 2006

Rehab


This is what we found hiding under our faux bricks. What you barely see is the real masonry hiding
in the area near the stovepipe. The glue didn't stick too well to the wood/paint. But it sticks better to the brick than the brick sticks to itself.
We started early--noon? I added an outlet in the living room (and it worked!). Beth and I started to sand the walls to prep for painting. Then I noticed the top left brick peeling away from the wall when I pulled some edging trim (also faux wood) away. Everywhere else it had been nailed to the wall, but here it was held by the brick glue. It was all downhill from there.
But we called it quits at 9:30, have only a little sanding to do, the wall is now a project screaming "find a better way to fix me."
Not sure how to cover the masonry. Personally, I would be happy with a 2'x2' piece of stainless steel flashing. We'll see what to do.

No comments: