Thursday, July 14, 2011

Priority Inbox

I'm always surprised when Gmail adds a new feature, as I mainly use IMAP with evolution. So I had to do a little reading to understand why I had a new folder called Important. I think I read about it a few weeks ago, and didn't think much of it. I don't know how much use I will get out of this, but it's an interesting idea. The problem I think is that I tend to save and read a lot of nonsense, which is anathema to the perceived use pattern they are training against. However, the evolution mail clients 'mark as important' doesn't equate to gmail's mark as important, so I think I may have to just ignore it.

Maybe it's because I have too much time, but I often do read all the lottery winning and bank transfer appeals. When a Nigerian prince finds his way to the important folder, I will truly have defeated the system (not the case, thankfully).

No comments: