Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Time Waster

About two weeks ago I started playing Rule the Seas . It is like crack. I feel like one of the lab rats that got cocaine from pressing a lever, but only every five minutes. Right when you feel like the five minutes have passed, you start tapping madly on the lever to get your next dose.

Oh, and if you click the link and sign up, I get a small bonus. If you join PJ's gang, I'll get a little more help. And then I recommend you try not to play.


My blackberry makes it ever so tempting to do this every twenty or thirty minutes while I'm working. The downside is once a Captcha shows up, it never accepts the code from my blackberry, limiting me to maybe an hour or two before I need to go to a laptop.

3 comments:

CristinB said...

What is this game you speak of? You make it sound very tempting just by talking about its addictive quality. Apparently, I am weak and cannot resist such temptations.

Dan said...

Oh, basically it's a web based game, slightly better than a pure text zork type. It's a very crude MMOG where you are a "pirate", so you gain levels by mugging, stealing, and attacking people around you. Can't say I quite understand the purpose, but it is fairly simple to play, and you can invest as little time in it as you care.

Dan said...

The addictive part is that your energy refills every five minutes, so there are a number of actions which drain your energy, and you can only do so much before you need to lie still for a bit.