Tuesday, June 05, 2012

Almost There

I redid the metacello configuration for SciSmalltalk this afternoon to split the Math-All package, since the current version of FileTree seems to be failing to handle this properly in the git repo (local directory copy). My intent is to remove the Math-All package as an option, use ConfigurationOfSciSmalltalk as a current target, and keep ss3/github synched much more simply.

I seem to have resolved the issue I was having where clean images are able to inspect the github local repo (all of them could write, but reading from it was not possible), which appears to have been triggered by some 2.0 update. Reloading Dale's package manually did the trick.

I tested the loaded packages from fresh 2.0 and 1.4 images, and it looks good. Only the test I need to fail to remind me to get to work is failing, and apart from a dependency loop in DHB-Numerical I think it's a clean load.


Github page
SqueakSource3 Site

1 comment:

Dan said...

Okay, well I fixed the dependency loop. It looks like a similar issue to what I had with Tests. Monticello was duplicating methods in categories/packages with a hyphen in the name, so Math-Complex-Extensions was a worthless package name, since all its methods appeared in Math-Complex as well. Changed all the names to Math-*Extensions without a second hyphen. Life is good.