Friday, September 17, 2010

Tonight

Going to try to get into a free concert at the Art Institute tonight. Mexican music for cello and piano... we'll see how it goes. We hope to sup at the Bennigan's on Michigan first.

This went really well. I had a good time at the concert, and didn't add an unwelcome horn section after dining on the french onion soup. The concert was free, a little under 90 minutes, and very interesting. I hadn't heard of any of these people. I think I may look into Blas Galindo more in the future. Some of the musicianship was really interesting, and Beth wanted to get a little closer to the cello to see the music happening. We had a great view of the pianist.

We tried to hang out in the little garden just south of the art institute entrance, but they wanted to lock up and chased us out (their definition of dusk is a little different than ours.)

Bennigan's should never be a destination, only a speed bump along the way. It really isn't that great. I understand why they went under. I bet if I bought more beer it might be less distressing.

No comments: