Tuesday, July 08, 2008

Supernatural British Columbia

I should be tired after a day like this, but central vancouver is too
much fun to let it waste.

I started off early, leaving at 530am for port angeles to catch the
coho ferry to downtown victoria. Anyone starting from Tacoma or west
should definitely give this a try. All the other ferries take you to
Sydney, 20 miles north of downtown. The coho puts you across the
street from the legislature and 2 blocks from the Empress.

The sun was low, and the air clear as I drove through the kitsap
penninsula, but as soon as I crossed the hood canal I was fogged in.
Its another 45 miles from the bridge to the ferry, and much of it is
single lane. The ferry line wasn't long, and there was room for my
car, and time for a run to the doughnut shop. The sailing was smooth,
as we neared vancouver island, the sun came out, but otherwise it was
foggy thoughout the strait.

Victoria is a charming town to explore by foot, bur finding parking
downtown is a game I'm no good at. I arrived at the pub about 11am,
and was on my way to another ferry by noon. I booked a place on the
one o'clock BC ferry to Tsawassen, and was at the holiday inn downtown
by 330.

Dinner at marias taverna in the west end, sitting at a sidewalk table,
no pigeons. Going to the park after.

--
Sent from Gmail for mobile | mobile.google.com

No comments: