Sunday, December 10, 2006

End to Work

Well, we finally got the house in a bearable condition. Our bed is back in the bedroom, the walls are painted, the floors are in, the edging has gone up on the ceilings, and we even put garlands in the living room.

We threw a party, expecting between a dozen and twenty guests. Many called to say they couldn't come, and many more just didn't come. It was a fine time, for the five guests we had. Bacon wrapped apricots, bacon wrapped asparagus and horseradish sauce, and bacon wrapped sausage with bread crumbs. There were bacon wrapped blt's (cherry tomatoes), and cheeses, crackers, and salad. There are quite a few empty bottles of wine, and we all had a good time. I passed out too early, and missed some of the fun.

I will be in and out of town all week. Hopefully the warmth of sunny California will do me well.

1 comment:

CristinB said...

Ah, yes, the fantastic bacon party. I love it! I wish I could have been there to help you celebrate and eat all of the bacon-y goodness.