Monday, July 03, 2006

4th of July weekend

I got a four day weekend. It was very fun to be driving home last night and realize that sunday had become a kind of friday. I go to San Francisco again Wednesday morning for three days, but I have a bit of local work leading into the wedding, and a week of local work following it. I don't worry about making mileage, that's tending to be a given.

Things are going well for me, I took a final in my programming course yesterday, I got an A, with a 97.5 overall grade. It was easy, basic high school math, and simple control structures. With built in function reference in the software, as long as you know what you're trying to do, it is merely a question of being able to read, and write, and think. I never thought I was short in those.

Trying to get music organised for the wedding reception. It turns out I don't have nearly as broad, or narrowly focused, perhaps, a music collection as I had hoped. There may be some cash plopped out to iTunes yet.

Got the banquet license. Had to promise not to serve minors. Not to drastic a concern. Also, the one sticking point is that all alchohol has to be bought in the state of washington, with valid taxes paid... given that a large wine purchase almost merits a trip to our tax free southern neighbour, I found this a little disappointing.

You may fire when ready, Gridley.

No comments: