Wednesday, May 17, 2006

registered

This weekend, Beth and I registered at Sears and Target.
Both stores required a computer setup prior to 'shopping'. Sears had me hand over my ID in case I wanted to keep the scanner. Target did not. The Sears scanner was a kind of palm piot that sat on a gun. Numerous times the scanner went to sleep and had to be turned back on. There were times that the scanner didn't recognize items on the shelf. There was a manual entry system, but it required using the palm handwriting recognition pad. This was a little awkward.
Target just handed us the scanner (and a gift tote.) and away we went. The scanner was a cleaner interface, and a little more fun to use.

I recommend registering for just about anything you would want to do. I am excited to register for my thirtieth birthday!

No comments: